Just a sanity check before I sumbit a buig report

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Fri Mar 11 08:12:57 PST 2005

> Why does sysconf(_SC_CLK_TCK) always returns 128?  Check out sysconf()
> in src/lib/libc/gen/sysconf.c (lines 83-84 of rev. 1.10):

[follow through of code showing it is defined as a constant snipped]

> To determine how stathz can vary, we'll have to dig deeper.  Check out
> initclocks() in src/sys/kern/kern_clock.c (lines 196-213 of rev.
> 1.105.2.11):

[follow through of code showing it depends on apm_attach() snipped]

Thanks for that, most instructive! So the conclusion appears to be that
sysconf(_SC_CLK_TCK) is doing the wrong thing by returning a constant then ?
Thanks, I'll submit a pr about it. Do you mind if I attach your email to
it to show the follow through of the code ? I havent looked at it myself in
that much depth.

-pcf.