Repeated panics...Suspect USB issues

Josh Tolbert hemi at puresimplicity.net
Fri Mar 11 00:03:13 PST 2005

> A backtrace would be nice. See the developer's handbook on kernel
> debugging for details.

I'm trying to get a backtrace. I've built a kernel with all the right bits,
set up dumpdir and dumpdev in /etc/rc.conf, etc...Apparently savecore doesn't
like writing to the swap partition (/dev/ar0s1b). I can get to the ddb promp,
obtain a trace, panic the machine, etc...But I don't think I can obtain a good
core without putting another hard drive in the machine, which isn't going to
happen till sometime next week...Is there anything I can provide from the ddb
prompt?

Thanks,
Josh
--
Josh Tolbert
hemi at puresimplicity.net  ||  http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/

If your sysadmin's not being fascist, you're paying him too much.
   --Sam Greenfield