ping: sendto: No buffer space available

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Thu Mar 10 14:46:29 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I have been experiencing this
>
> $ ping 10.1.1.1
> PING 10.1.1.1 (10.1.1.1): 56 data bytes
> ping: sendto: No buffer space available
> ping: sendto: No buffer space available
>
>   Does anyone have any ideas? Doing
>
> # ifconfig fxp0 down
> # ifconfig fxp0 up
>
> fixes it but it won't recover otherwise.

Yeah, I've gotten it also and on 4.x as well.  It occurred on
both de and fxp devices as well.  The box is a router with 4
or 5 interfaces which are nowhere near fully loaded.  We only
get this problem on the interface that is connected to a hub;
all other interfaces are on switches.

It is annoying because it happens once every week or two.

--
DE