Strange message while trying to recompile FreeBSD 4.6

Peter Guhl pgnews at siconline.ch
Thu Mar 10 06:13:54 PST 2005

Hi

I have an old box where 4.6.2-RELEASE has to be updated to the latest
(last?) releng. After I made cvsup work compiling the kernel ends with:

make: don't know how to make ../../isa/ic/ns16550.h. Stop

ns16550.h isn't in ../../isa/ic but in ../../dev/ic/. Therefore I guess
I can fix that with cp or ln -s. But I don't like this situation. How
could something happen at all and what chaos do I get if I try to fix
it? Any hints?

Regards
    Peter