Error buildworld

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Tue Mar 8 18:30:25 GMT 2005

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005, Admin @ InterCorner wrote:

> Hi,
> I have installed FreeBSD 5.3 and made a CVSup with the RELENG_5_3 tag.
> Now when I run "# make buildworld" I get several errors, and the compiling stops.

Here is the error from the i686 build:

/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/as/../../../../contrib/binutils/gas/listing.c:1264
: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

This is usually indicative of hardware problems, such as insufficient
cooling or bad memory.  Check your environmentals.

> For the full log of the complie go to this url:
> http://intercorner.net/buildworld-k7.log  (1MB)
> http://intercorner.net/buildworld-i686.log  (400kb)
> (The files will be online for two weeks from now)
>
> If you need any other outputs, just tell me!
>

> I should also say I couldn't make cvsup-without-gui from ports on this
> box, so I had to use pkg_add to get it to work.. :/

This really sounds like your system has issues.