Duplicated hardware interrupts

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Wed Mar 2 03:13:12 GMT 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> Whilst tracking down some interrupt latency problems, I've found that
> I'm getting duplicate interrupts from some, but not all, devices.  The
> double interrupts appear to always occur for some IRQs and never occur
> on others.  Based on those symptoms, I wonder if there's a hardware
> issue.

That sounds like interrupt routing problems. If you're running UP, try
running this in loader before booting:

set hint.apic.0.disabled=1

If things improve then your I/O APIC or routing information is bad, which
isn't unusual for UP systems.  Remove "device apic" from your kernel or
add the hint to device.hints or loader.conf.  I need this on my KT400 at
home.