"vacuuming..." in nightly report

Brian Behlendorf brian at collab.net
Tue Mar 1 16:49:58 GMT 2005

In my nightly status report, towards the end, I see the word
"vacuuming...", by itself, with no context.  I don't see mention of it in
anything under /etc or /usr/src, except games/fortune or share/dict.
Google suggests this is something Postgres does, and while Postgres is
installed and running it's not in production use, nor does anything
related to PG appear to be called by the periodic scripts.  Very strange.
Daily scan included below, with sensitive data elided with a [...].
Thoughts?

 	Brian