Adaptec 3210S, 4.9-STABLE, corruption when disk fails

Don Bowman don at SANDVINE.com
Tue Mar 1 15:20:54 GMT 2005

From: Uwe Doering [mailto:gemini at geminix.org]

> > Did you merge 1.3.2.3 as well?  This actually should have
> been one MFC

Yes, merged from RELENG_4.

I will post later if this happens again, but it will be quite
a long time. The machine has 7 drives in it, there are only
3 ones left old enough they might fail before I take it out
of service (it originally had 7 1999-era IBM drives, now
it has 4 2004-era seagate drives and 3 of the old IBM's.
The drives have been in continuous service, so they've lead
a pretty good life!)

Thanks for the suggestion on the cam timeout, I've set that
value.

--don