Problems with 5.x

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu Jun 30 23:25:17 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 06:18:16PM -0400, Matt Emmerton wrote:

> > - dmesg output from 4.11 (or 4.10)
>
> Don't have it anymore.
>
> > - describe in detail your buildworld problems (and any other problems),
> > specifically any error messages you might get.
>
> Basically, it konks out immediately while trying to rebuild 'make' because
> of missing system headers.  Probably a caveat with trying to build 5.x on a
> 4.x machine but I didn't see anything in special instructions (UPDATING) or
> on the web about this.

Without further detailed information about the nature of the problem
the best candidate is that you have a local configuration problem of
some kind on your system (e.g. invalid CFLAGS or other settings,
corrupted source tree, extra non-system headers incorrectly installed
in /usr/include, etc).  If you want more help, please provide more
details about what precisely you are doing and what precisely happens
as a result.

Kris