libstdc++ version bump.

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 16:22:09 GMT 2005

This note in the 5-CURRENT UPDATING file (when -CURRENT was 5.x),
indicates you'll need to rebuild all 5.x executables made after this
change (20041001 entry).

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/UPDATING.diff?r1=1.366&r2=1.367&f=h

                  /lib/libm.so.2 -> libm.so.3
                   /lib/libreadline.so.4 -> libreadline.so.5
                   /usr/lib/libhistory.so.4 -> libhistory.so.5
                   /usr/lib/libopie.so.2 -> libopie.so.3
                   /usr/lib/libpcap.so.2 -> libpcap.so.3

Are you sure that the problem is with libstdc++ and not the above libraries?

Was there any changes to libstdc++ between 5.4 & 5.3?

Scot

On 6/28/05, Alfred Perlstein <alfred at freebsd.org> wrote:
> I just got bitten by an upgrade from 5.2.1 to 5.4 where my apps
> linked with c++ stopped working.  The solution I had to do was to
> copy an old 5.2.1 libstdc++ over my 5.4 one.  My question is, why
> wasn't the library version bumped for this incompatible change?
>
> Can we bump it?
>
> How can we bump it?
>
> Even if it doesn't solve 100% of people's problems, it appears
> to solve some of mine.  So can we do it?
>
> thank you,
> --
> - Alfred Perlstein
> - email: bright at mu.org cell: 408-480-4684

DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.