update libpthread

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Tue Jun 21 16:01:02 GMT 2005

On Tuesday, 21. June 2005 17:30, Khanh Cao Van wrote:
> I find the libpthread in the src/lib/libpthread on the cvs server ,
> but I could not get only that source code to my PC .
> In the cvs file I edited :
>
> *default host=cvsup.freebsd.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr/local
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
>
> # If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
> *default compress
>
> ## Ports Collection.
> #
> # The easiest way to get the ports tree is to use the "ports-all"
> # mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "ports-*"
> # collections,
> ports-all
> src-all
>
> and the src-all will get all the sourcecode down . I did not want this
> happend , just the sourcecode of my expecial packet only . How could I
> get only the libpthread down ?

You don't need libpthread, you need libc_r. I suggest you follow the advice
from the jdk port Makefile and upgrade the complete FreeBSD 4.7 sources to a
4-STABLE after February 2003:

*default host=cvsup.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr/local
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default date=2003.03.01.00.00.00
*default delete use-rel-suffix

Then cd /usr/src and make buildworld and make installworld. I'd personally
recommend to make and install a new kernel as well to be on the safe side,
but that's your call. The jdk port should build after that.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org