FreeBSD MySQL still WAY slower than Linux

Xin LI delphij at frontfree.net
Sat Jun 11 05:02:11 GMT 2005

Hi, Greg,

在 2005-06-11六的 13:49 +0930,Greg 'groggy' Lehey写道:
> On Friday, 10 June 2005 at 18:05:37 +0100, Steve Roome wrote:
> > We're using mostly:
> >
> >   5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #0: Mon Jun 6 12:22:18 BST 2005
> >
> > This is on a Dell PowerEdge 2850. (2 * 2.8 GHz Xeons, 4GB ram, disks),
> > we've been keeping up with stable because supposedly all these new
> > fixes to threading will help us out here.
>
> What's the current malloc config for 5.4?  Last time I saw this kind
> of comparison, it proved to be due to malloc debugging.  That was on
> -CURRENT, though.  See http://www.lemis.com/grog/diary-dec2004.html#14
> for more details.

The malloc config for 5.4 is aj IIRC.  Maybe we should do a gprof'ed
build of mysql as well as ktrace dump of a mysql daemon to figure out
what was happening?  Actually the test team at my company has found the
exact problem within a recent FreeBSD (5.4-R) vs CentOS (4.0) benchmark
test, but they have not arranged the same hardware for me yet to figure
out why.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij delphij net>  http://www.delphij.net/