Problems with Serial ATA - Tyan Tiger i7320 motherboard

Alan Jay alanj_sw3 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 15:23:41 GMT 2005

I just got a machine Tyan Tiger i7320 motherboard with a 250Gb Serial ATA
Hitachi drive.

When I try to boot FreeBSD 5.4 Release it says:

ATA0 ATAPI IDENTITY_TIMEOUT several times
And
ATA1 IDENTIFY_TIMEOUT

Before the install starts - RedHat Liunx correctly sees the drive. :(

Does this mean FreeBSD does not support this or have I got the wrong BIOS
settings.  Any help gratefully received.

It is an Adaptec AIC-8110 SATA I controller I think.  In the startup of
FreeBSD it says Intel 6300ESB UDMA100 controller (atapci0 atapci1)

Thanks
ALan