5.4R - gcc/gprof profile not showing %time information

Mark Kirkwood markir at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jun 7 11:24:53 GMT 2005

Danny Braniss wrote:

> maybe if you run it on a i486 you'l be able to see something :-)
>
> your program takes less than 0.001 of a second, so there is nothing to show!

(chuckles) - yes indeed, you are correct. My example is crap - however I
think your observation provides the key to explain what I am seeing:

It is postgres I'm (trying to) profile, so there are several postmaster
processes running and leaving postmaster.gmon's - so I guess some
short-lived one is overwriting the 'interesting' one I actually want to
see....I may need to use a single process backend or similar....

Thanks for making me think about this!

Cheers

Mark