filesystems not properly unmounted [OT]

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Jun 6 14:02:05 GMT 2005

Maxi Combina <maxicombina at gmail.com> wrote:

 > > > I do not seed the need of insult other OS.
 > May be you need to look more carefully. I am not talking _only_ about
 > this thread.

You replied specifically to my mail, and you didn't mention
any other threads.

 > > Well, I don't see any.  But everybody is free to have his
 > > own opinion.
 > Well, I insist: maybe you should look more carefully :)

I do look carefully every day, because it's my job.  I work
with various operating systems every day, including FreeBSD
and Linux.

 > Just to mention the first thing that comes to my mind: several linux
 > distros have achieved a difficult goal: ease of installation-use
 > combined with a stable system.

Yup, I know the usual freebsd-for-servers and linux-for-
desktops arguments.  And to be honest, I'm fed up with
them.  They're lies.  I'm running FreeBSD on my desktop
at home, a lot of people are happily running Linux on
their servers, and I've seen people successfully installing
FreeBSD who have never even heard the word "unix" until
that day.

 > Please let me know if you dont agree, and why.

I don't agree, but I won't tell you why, because it is
probably a waste of time.  I've had this a thousand times
before.

Best regards
   Oliver

"I invented Ctrl-Alt-Delete, but Bill Gates made it famous."
        -- David Bradley, original IBM PC design team