New question - hot plug support on TWE driver / 3ware board

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Jul 28 20:29:45 GMT 2005

At 04:19 PM 28/07/2005, Karl Denninger wrote:
>Is there a control program for the "twe" driver devices, and/or an option
>somewhere I'm missing?  I've looked around and in the man pages, and found
>nothing thus far.  Or is hot plug/unplug simply not supported with this
>board/driver set?

Yes, look at the cli tools for adding and removing drives. Also download
the 3dm2 for monitoring.  The web site says for "9000 only" but is
misleading as the 3dmd2 daemon works on 7xxx, 8xxx and 9xxx cards.  But to
remove and add drives, use the cli tool.

Another common "gotcha" people run into when trying to access the web
daemon, make sure you speak SSL to it. ie. https://127.0.0.1:888 NOT
http://127.0.0.1:888

         ---Mike