FreeBSD 6.0BETA1 - Oddness with install floppies

Alex Burke alexjeffburke at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 15:31:58 GMT 2005

Hi,

Sorry it took me a little while to reply.

I dont think this is an ATA problem as the hard disks in the system
are all on SCSI channels. Anyway, I dont think an ATA timeout should
affect loading the memory image from floppy, thats why I wanted to ask
if anybody else had seen this. I guess I will have to download the CD
and burn it to check if this is a problem with my machine, or if thats
just a boot floppy issue.

FYI, the system is an IBM Netfinity 7000, quad Pentium Pro box with
512meg RAM. Disks are currently attached to one of the onboard Adaptec
7800 SCSI controllers.

Thanks for the reply, Alex J Burke.