em(4) stops passing data

Chris Howells howells at kde.org
Tue Jul 26 13:19:36 GMT 2005

On Tue, July 26, 2005 3:13 am, UEMURA (fka. MAENAKA) Tetsuya said:
> I had had apparently same problem in April. For my time, em0 seemed dead,
> though no link down message was generated, and could go up again by
> `ifconfig em0 down; ifconfig em0 up'.
>
> My problem was caused by defected power supply which generated around
> 4.5V instead of 5V, and corrected completely by replacing of power
> supply.
>
> FYI, use physical mean when measuring voltage. Reported in BIOS or
> monitor software may vary from actual.

Thanks, I've tried measuring that using a multimeter. The 12v rail
measures at about 12.6v, but the 5v line is only 4.9v. Is this likely to
cause problems? The PSU is a brand new 450W Antec. The same PSU in a very
similar system measures similar results.

Cheers, Chris Howells -- howells at kde.org
Web: http://www.kde.org.uk, PGP ID: 0x33795A2C
KDE/Qt Developer: http://www.kde.org