"Save as page..." freezes firefox for 15 minutes

Jacob Frelinger jolly at thecoffinclub.com
Mon Jul 25 17:19:39 GMT 2005

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 07:45:39AM +0200, manfred wrote:
> When the first time after loading firefox I choose File/Save Page as...
> firefox freezes for 15 minutes. Then the "Save as" window opens and all
> works fine.
>
> After newly choosing File/Save Page as... the "Save as" windows opens up
> instantaneously.
>
> The problem doesn't disappear even after deleting ~/.mozilla before
> starting firefox.
>

> I'm running firefox 1.0.6 under FreeBSD 5.4. The problem occured also with
> firefox 1.04. There is no CPU usage. It is simply a waiting situation.
> However, I have not the faintest idea what firefox is waiting for.
>

> Any ideas, how to track it down?

I'm having the same problem.  I've been unable to track down the
cause of the problem.  It looks to me to be something outside of
firefox, as a package built on an other machine that doesn't
exhibit the problem, still persists on my affected machine.

I'd also be grateful for help or advice in tracking this down.

--
Jacob "I'm Brainy For Zombie Pops" Frelinger
Jolly at TheCoffinClub dot Com