Quality of FreeBSD

Alexey Yakimovich aiy at ferens.net
Thu Jul 21 23:44:38 GMT 2005

Even for "dynamic problems" you can have your code generating detailed logs,
including time, pid, thread id, cpu, function, memory ..., and have them
analyzed later by some script.
But this not my main point here, in this thread.

All thoughts in the mails of this thread, developers as well as users, seem
to me so right, so true.
But I would like to repeat my main point:
>From my personal experience, maybe I'm wrong, but what I see close to me,
FreeBSD project is loosing a lot of users, I don't know anything about
developers, but it seems to me true too. No users no developers no project.
And the main problem seems to me is a quality, at least from users point of
view.
I don't know what caused this problem. But in my opinion, it would be good
to try to re-evaluate goals of the project, including small ones like GNOME
(how many people using FreeBSD as desktop? Do you know any real world
desktop solutions, except for OS X or Windows?). If you want to grab
everything you would probably have nothing. And if car's engine does not
work, why we need GPS inside?

Thank you very much again for your time.
I really appreciate it.

Alexey
FreeBSD user