TinyBSD Call For Testers

Patrick Tracanelli eksffa at freebsdbrasil.com.br
Thu Jul 21 14:37:06 GMT 2005

Hello Marten,

Thanks for your input.

Yesterday sysutils/tinybsd was updated to reflect fetching the new 0.2
TinyBSD which has some improvements related to lib depends, specially
pam as it was not functional on tinybsd (opie related problems) in
FreeBSD 6 like it was in RELENG_5 before. Also, new entries were added
to the kernel (commented, by default) with the new atheros entries (ath
rate is probably what is causing your problem, uncomment it on the new
0.2 tinybsd to build your system under FreeBSD 6).

Also, your change on ttys will probably be interesting for other users
too. It makes me think that it is probably time to maintain a separated
etc/ customized tree under tinybsd development dirs, in a PicoBSD
fashion. In fact it is already added to the TODO listing for TinyBSD. I
believe it is a better way than changing anything under etc/ without the
embedded system developer explicity will.

Please, if you get the same (or new) problems under FreeBSD 6 w/ TinyBSD
0.2, send a note.

--
Patrick Tracanelli

FreeBSD Brasil LTDA.