rcNG issue

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein-freebsd-stable at theloosingend.net
Wed Jul 20 09:03:31 GMT 2005

* Kövesdán Gábor [2005-07-18 19:58 +0200]
:
>  And when I enable all the three scripts in rc.conf, the apache hangs because
>  it can't resolve the computer's hostname. It's really annoying, I have to
>  manually start it after a reboot, or wait for the cronscript that checks
>  whether it is running.
>  What's wrong?

I think this magic only works in /etc/rc.d. Try renaming your startup
scripts 100.named.sh, 200.apache.sh, etc. I'm not sure, but FreeBSD used
to run these scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d in alphanumeric order, and I
presume that this functionality is preserved in 5.x to allow for backwards
compatibility.

Svein Halvor