FreeBSD -STABLE servers repeatedly crashing.

Pawel Malachowski pawmal-posting at freebsd.lublin.pl
Mon Jul 18 20:45:06 GMT 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 04:09:58PM -0400, Matt Juszczak wrote:

> Correct.  IPF is unstable with our SMP (most of the time) - based 5.x
> boxes.  VERY unstable.  VERY VERY unstable.

Hm, this sounds bad. What is debug.mpsafenet set to? How big is traffic?

I have one SMP box with ipnat, routing some megabits (even during night
it's more than 30-40Mbps) without problems, however, ipnat is used only
for very small group of hosts right now.
But we plan to use ipnat more heavily so it sounds a bit scary. ;)

--
Paweł Małachowski