FYI - RELENG_6 branch has been created.

Michael VInce mv at roq.com
Mon Jul 18 15:10:12 GMT 2005

   Wow thats a big jump from what I got in a test I did a couple of
   months ago, here is a copy and paste of an older email
   Are you using AMD64 mode or i386?
   Dell 1850 Dual CPU with 4 Gigs of ram, thats in idle
   CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz (3192.23-MHz 686-class CPU)
   FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p1 #0: Sun May 22 12:23:00
   EST 2005     root at dagobah:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP i386
   Ubench CPU:   170748
   Ubench MEM:   172775
   --------------------
   Ubench AVG:   171761
   Claus Guttesen wrote:

As a further FYI, a variety of debugging features are still enabled by
default in RELENG_6, including INVARINTS, WITNESS, and user space malloc
debugging.  These will remain enabled through the first snapshot from the

Not very scientific but here is my ubench on a dual nocona @ 2.8 GHz
and 4 GB RAM on a Dell 2850:

Sched_ule:

Current from July 6'th 2005:

Ubench CPU:   241149
Ubench MEM:   182695
--------------------
Ubench AVG:   211922

6.0 stable pr. July 12'th 2005:

Ubench CPU:   243058
Ubench MEM:   186918
Ubench AVG:   214988

So slight increase in both cpu and ram in stable.

SCHED_4BSD and 6.0 stable pr. July 12'th 2005:

Ubench CPU:   260315
Ubench MEM:   189686