Today's RELENG_5_4 and 'lock cmpxchgl'

Marc Olzheim marcolz at stack.nl
Thu Jul 14 13:05:22 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 02:41:18PM -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > > Make sure you recompile any modules when activating INVARIANTS, or
> > > you'll get panics.
> >
> > Of course... make buildkernel and make installkernel do that for me... ;)
>
> Not if you are using third party port modules.

Well, I'm not. ;-)

> > It seems that 5.4-RELEASE-p* is safe btw.
> >
> > PR is http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/83375
>
> You need to obtain the debugging traceback for the panic and include
> it in the PR.

Added two crash traces, one for the open() variant, one for the close()
variant.

The -CURRENT traces are very different from these, but I don't have
comconsole on the -CURRENT machine.

Anyway, if people are having problems reproducing this, I'd like to
know. I don't have a single RELENG_5 or 6 machine that withstands the
'screen-test'...

Marc