Possible dhclient bug.

passwd gawd passwd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 05:49:36 GMT 2005

Hello,

Background:

I'm running a server with 1 IPV4 ip (obtained via dhclient) and an
IPV6 tunnel/200+ IPV6 aliases configured entirely via /etc/rc.conf.
The dhclient configuration is default. The system boots up fine. The
system is running 5.4-RELEASE.

Problem:

dhclient will not restart while I have my ipv6 aliases bound to vr0
(may restart once shortly after boot but no more which seems very
wierd).

paste from log;  dhclient: vr0: not found

Workaround:

I wrote a script to unbind my IPV6 vhosts from vr0 inorder to restart
dhclient, and then rebind them. While the vhosts are unbound, dhclient
will never fail.

If further information is required, I'll be happy to supply it.

Regards,
Peter