FreeBSD -STABLE servers repeatedly crashing.

Eirik Øverby ltning at anduin.net
Wed Jul 6 17:18:23 GMT 2005

On Jul 6, 2005, at 6:29 PM, Blaz Zupan wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>
>> That should be OK as long as you're not cross-compiling for different
>> architectures.
>>

> No, we only have i386 boxes.

Hi,

thanks for doing this work. I was working on preparing a similiar set
of information, but have been too overworked lately.

We have ordered and had delivered a substansial number of DL380
(intel) and DL385 (amd64) machines, that will all be running FreeBSD.
However, the recent reports about trouble on these systems has made
me wary. Perhaps this will give FreeBSD the solution it needs (I've
seen similiar issues on other SMP systems), and me the sleep I need
before launch in September ;)

Thanks again. Now just hoping it's helpful to someone ;)

/Eirik