PHP4 and pear Ports

Danny Cooper freebsd at as9105.com
Mon Jul 4 18:58:41 GMT 2005

To install mod_php4 and php4-cli do

cd /usr/ports/php4
make && make install

For any extensions that you require do

cd /usr/ports/lang/php4-extentsions
make

if the menu does not appear do

cd /usr/ports/lang/php4-extentsions
make config

Regards

Danny Cooper

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-stable at freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Jaimie Garner
Sent: 04 July 2005 19:02
To: freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
Subject: PHP4 and pear Ports

How do I install php4 with pear and GD and some other options using ports?

I no longer get the config menu that used to apear. I tried make config and
it
gave me a small menu but not the full menu I am used to seeing.

I installed mod_php4 via ports and then tried to install Pear but I get an
error about conflicting version of mod php4 and php4-cli. Pear requires
php4_cli but can't install it.

I tried deinstall all mod_php4 and did an install of lang/php4 now pear
works
but apache no longer uses php. And now cant install mod_php4.

I know I am doing something wrong. could some one point me in the right
direction? I have hunted on the net and haven't found much.
Thanks
--
Jaimie Garner
Onsite PCS inc.