panic in RELENG_5 UMA - two new stack traces

Gary Mu1der gmulder at infotechfl.com
Fri Jul 1 20:31:45 GMT 2005

Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
> G> I can reproduce the crash within 60 seconds of firing off 30+ ping/arp
> G> -d scripts, all running in parallel.
> G>
> G> debug.mpsafenet=0 seems to have solved the problem. I'm running 100+
> G> instances of the above script and the system has been stable for over an
> G> hour.
>
> Thanks! We definitely see that the bug is a race, not a broken logic. I am
> almost sure, that you are experiencing the same bug as I described in
> the beginning of the thread.
>
> Although there is no yet fix available for race between 'arp -d' and
> outgoing packet, there is one for race between incoming ARP reply and
> outgoing packet. We will probably commit it soon, after more review.

Is this bug specific to only using "arp -d", or does it look like the
"arp -d" tests identify a bug that might cause TCP/IP related crashes
with other types of real-world network traffic.

To rephrase: Does it look like fixing this bug may fix a lot of the
network-related crashes a number of people have reported?

Thanks,
Gary