discard device on FBSD 5.2.1

Jeff Tyler jeff at jthome.jthome.com
Mon Jan 31 08:15:00 PST 2005

Can anyone out there in radio land tell me how to create/enable the discard
socket in FBSD 5.2.1 ?  Editing inetd.conf doesn't seem to do it any
longer.  I have a number of 4.8 machines running with working discard
sockets but there seems to have been a sea change in 5.x .  Does the disc
device play in here some how ?  Need it for net testing with tcpblast.

I have searched fbsd.org and googled to no avail...

TIA ! ... JT