Sparc64 Install 5.3

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Mon Jan 31 01:09:52 PST 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:56:13 +0000
Joel Cant <freebsd at linuxmod.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Is it possible to install 5.3 on a sparc64 (Ultra 5) without using
> serial console, I seem to get garbled consoles when I try to install
> via normal screen and keyboard?

The standard (non-serial) console is broken (with regards to input at
least) in 5.3. There are at least two problems;
1) cursor keys don't work correctly, making navigating with them
    impossible.
2) you must type very slowly, or else characters will be lost.

That said, yoy *might* be able to install via normal console. Me, I
always used the serial console for the installation.

Gooid luck!
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,