writeprotected floppy not unmountable on STABLE

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Sun Jan 30 03:26:24 PST 2005

Hi,

I mounted a write-pretected floppy on 5-STABLE and now I'm not able to
unmount the floppy

root at kartoffel /root> mount_msdosfs  /dev/fd0 /mnt/tmp
root at kartoffel /root> touch /mnt/tmp/test
touch: /mnt/tmp/test: Read-only file system
Exit 1
root at kartoffel /root> mount
/dev/ad0s1a on / (ufs, local)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
/dev/ad0s1e on /tmp (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s1f on /usr (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s1d on /var (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s3e on /usr/home (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s4e on /mnt/movies (ufs, local, soft-updates)
file:/usr/ports on /usr/ports (nfs)
file:/usr/src on /usr/src (nfs)
file:/mnt/backups on /mnt/backups (nfs)
file:/mnt/documents on /mnt/documents (nfs)
file:/mnt/files on /mnt/files (nfs)
www:/usr/local/www on /mnt/www (nfs)
/dev/fd0 on /mnt/tmp (msdosfs, local)
root at kartoffel /root> umount /mnt/tmp
umount: unmount of /mnt/tmp failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
Exit 1
root at kartoffel /root>

what works is

root at kartoffel /root> umount -f /mnt/tmp
root at kartoffel /root>

CURRENT correctly detects that the floppy is write-protected, and fails to
mount it unless -o ro is specified. umount on CURRENT is also possible.

root at kartoffel /root> uname -a
FreeBSD kartoffel.salatschuessel.net 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #0: Sun
Jan 16 15:35:29 CET 2005
olivleh1 at kartoffel.salatschuessel.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KARTOFFEL  i386

please keep me CCed - I'm not subscribed

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/