[HEADS UP] perl symlinks in /usr/bin will be gone

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Sun Jan 30 02:03:30 PST 2005

On Saturday, 2005-01-29 at 21:24:25 +0100, Anton Berezin wrote:
> Unless I hear too many cries "don't do that" (with justification), ...

"don't do that", ever.

Eben postponing this to the time 6.0 comes out does not change it. Any
upgraded system will fail in interesting and mysterious ways.

I see no benefit in not having a /usr/bin/perl, and I see many problems
with it. Even when it does not affect my two insignificant ports, I'm
against it.

If you are still planning on going through with this, please take the
idea to the perl5-porters list first. perl5-porters at perl.org

My 2 Eurocents,
Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe at lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| Ask not what your computer can do for you                              |