watchdogd panic when shutdown -p

Emanuel Strobl emanuel.strobl at gmx.net
Mon Jan 24 00:11:35 PST 2005

Hello,

I have a kernel with SW_WATCHDOG and simply enabled watchdog in rc.conf.
I haven't found much info on that topic but I guess when the machine hangs
(watchdogd doesn't get a result from the trivial fsck (what's that btw?)) the
kernel will reset the machine. Best would be if I never see watchdog in
action but I'm seeing a panic message after some interrupt statistics (see
below) and the machine doesn't power off (like it does without watchdogd
enabled).
Any hints? I played a bit with setting the -t timeoutseconds but this didn't
change anything, the machine doesn't power off. Is it correct that the
trivials filesystem check of watchdogd is really done every second by
default?

Thanks a lot,

-Harry

Uptime: 25m6s
interrupt                   total
irq0: clk                         771518
irq3: sio1                           740
irq8: rtc                         192856
irq10: fxp0                          103
irq11: atapci1                        21
irq12: fwohci0++                      69
irq13: npx0                            1
irq14: ata0                           51
irq15: ata1                        17284
Total                      982643
panic: watchdog timeout
Uptime: 25m7s