5.3 prob reading 4.11 hdd

Warren shinjii at virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com
Sun Jan 23 04:43:07 PST 2005

I recently took my primary hdd running FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE out of my main
machine leaving my 2ndry hdd in the machine and installing FreeBSD5.3-STABLE
on it to use as the new primary.  When everything was done and i plugged in
the 2nd hdd that originally had 4.11-STABLE on it, i was unable to find the
individual partitions/slices on there to mount so i could access all the old
data i had.  I have a basic understanding of FreeBSD but am still not quite
proficent when it comes to this sort of thing.  Fdisk only shows 1 partition
so does disklabel. Below is the disklabel output
of the drive im wanting to get all the data from...

#ad1s1
8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  c: 234436482        0    unused        0     0         # "raw" part, don't
edit
  e: 234436482        0    4.2BSD     2048 16384    89

==================

# /dev/ad1s1c:
8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  c: 234436482       63    unused        0     0         # "raw" part, don't
edit
  e: 234436482       63    4.2BSD     2048 16384    89
partition c: partition extends past end of unit
disklabel: partition c doesn't start at 0!
disklabel: An incorrect partition c may cause problems for standard system
utilities
partition e: partition extends past end of unit
==========

# /dev/ad1s1e:
8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  c: 234436482       63    unused        0     0         # "raw" part, don't
edit
  e: 234436482       63    4.2BSD     2048 16384    89
partition c: partition extends past end of unit
disklabel: partition c doesn't start at 0!
disklabel: An incorrect partition c may cause problems for standard system
utilities
partition e: partition extends past end of unit

Any help in recovering the copius amounts of data would be greatly
appreciated.
--
Yours Sincerely
Shinjii