Bad disk or kernel (ATA Driver) problem? - SOLVED

Darryl Okahata darrylo at soco.agilent.com
Thu Jan 20 08:17:43 PST 2005

Karl Denninger <karl at denninger.net> wrote:

> These two are DiamondMax10s - let's hope that this doesn't apply to that
> line as well.

     Out of curiosity, why didn't you consider Seagate ?  The recent
Maxtors that I have, if run 24x7, seem to die just after the warranty
expires (for me, just over a year).  I'm now switching back to Seagate,
as they now have a nice 5-year warranty, but I don't have much
experience with these new drives.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo at soco.agilent.com