CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe problems in RELENG_5 ?

Ulrich Spoerlein q at uni.de
Mon Jan 17 11:38:52 PST 2005

On Thu, 13.01.2005 at 19:38:27 -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> >I'm using -Os -pipe ever since installing 5.x after the gcc update.
> >Haven't encountered any problem so far..
> There are some differences between O2 and Os according to the man
> page.  Are you using that on your kernel and for buildworld ?

Both, that is everything. Kernel, World, Ports. (Guess I'm lucky)

> I let the box run over night building world 8 times with -j2 through -j5
> and all worked just fine.

Ok, that should put hardware out of the question.

Sorry, no more ideas, besides getting rid of CPUTYPE as that is know to
cause problems.

btw, any status update on ICC + Kernel/World?

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44