USB mouse not working

Jason Morgan jwm-freebsd at sentinelchicken.net
Sun Jan 16 10:06:55 PST 2005

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 10:33:46AM +0000, Imobach Gonz?lez Sosa wrote:
> On Sunday 16 January 2005 03:47, Robert William Vesterman wrote:
> > I found that my USB mouse works if and only if I boot without APCI support.
>
> Ok, it didn't work to me. I added
>
> hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"
> (and also tried adding hint.apm.0.disabled="0" too)
>
> 'dmesg | grep acpi' returns no results, same as 'devinfo | grep acpi'. So I
> suppose acpi is disabled at boot time. I also noticed that when moused start
> while booting the machine, it throws me this error: 'unable to
> open /dev/ums0: Device busy'.
>
> Any idea?
>
> > >However, I can't figure out how to configure moused with my mouse: I have
> > > this settings in /etc/rc.conf:
> > >
> > >usbd_enable="YES"
> > >usbd_flags=""
> > >moused_enable="YES"
> > >moused_type="auto"
> > >moused_flags=""
> > >moused_port="/dev/ums0"

What brand of mouse you using?  I have 2 IBM optical mice that need disconnected and reconnected about 1/2 the time
before they will work.  This happens to me in Linux, FreeBSD, and Windows so seems to be a mouse issue.  Happens to my
brother as well - he has the same mouse.  Even when the mouse works at bootup, I get a /dev/ums0: Device busy error.
Only thing I can see that is different in my setup compared to yours is that I have:

usbd_flags="-vv"

in rc.conf.  I can't for the life of me remember why (scrolling maybe?).

Cheers.