USB mouse not working

ImobachGonzález Sosa imobachgs at banot.net
Sat Jan 15 16:51:49 PST 2005

Hi all,

Probably is my fault, but I can't get the mouse working on 5.3 STABLE. I've
installed FreeBSD 5.3 RELEASE last night, and today I updated my sources and
rebuilt 'world'. I've googled for a while and I can't fix the problem, so I'm
posting the trouble to this list. I hope it's the correct list. Let me know
if I'm wrong.

Ok, when I start FreeBSD the mouse seems to be detected (usb mouse):

ums0: Logitech USB Receiver, rev 1.10/17.00, addr 2, iclass 3/1
ums0: 7 buttons and Z dir.

However, I can't figure out how to configure moused with my mouse: I have this
settings in /etc/rc.conf:

usbd_enable="YES"
usbd_flags=""
moused_enable="YES"
moused_type="auto"
moused_flags=""
moused_port="/dev/ums0"

But the mouse doesn't move on the console. And, when I fire up X.org,
everything goes right except the mouse stays in the center of the screen.

Any tips about it?

Thank you in advance and sorry if it's not the proper list.

--
Imobach González Sosa
imobachgs at banot dot net