ggatec & ggated question/issue

Brian McCann bjmccann at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 08:28:48 PST 2005

     That's exactly what's happening.  I put ggatec and ggated into
verbose mode, and tried the same thing.  When I cat the file, there
appears to be nothing going on in the logs for either ggatec or ggated
(or even when I do an ls for that matter).  This is definitely
different then what I expected, as I thought ggated just exported a
raw block device, ggatec creates the "other end" of the mount and a
dev node to point to the "tunnel", and mount then would just go
accross the tunnel.  Thinking the mount was RO and mounted async I
thought would get rid of any buffering at the client side.
     Yes, this is cool none the less, and a huge advancement, but
there's got to be a way to have it not buffer and actively read from
the virtual-block device on the client to the server.  Maybe I just
missed something in the man page...guess I'll try reading it again.

Thanks!
--Brian