Booting 5.3R on second disk using NTLDR (Impossible?)

Aron Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 07:00:50 PST 2005

I did some in the comp.unix.bsd.freebsd news group, and I found some
people with the same problem. I'm suspecting that it is impossible to
boot FreeBSD by using NTLDR to load the FreeBSD boot sector from a
file when FreeBSD is placed on a second disk.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case? (the news group postings
were very old). And why is it so?

Thanks for any answers.

Aron