uplcom usb to serial adapter broken

Ryan Falkenberg falkenbe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 11:22:03 PST 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:21:28 +1100, David Billett
<David.Billett at clearcom.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> It must be the season for these or something... I just answered the same
> question over at freebsd-questions at .
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-questions&m=110494189823566&w=2
>
> I'll cut and paste my answer to Stefano here.

I'm new to FreeBSD, for future reference should this type of question
appear on this list or -questions?  For the record I'm running FreeBSD
5.3-STABLE is that considered to be 5.3 or stable?

> Alex's patch cleaned up by Nick Denev:
> http://www.totalterror.com/src/uplcom.c.patch
>
> I don't run 5.3, so I've no idea if it will apply to a 5.3 kernel
> source, but it may point you in the right direction.
>
> I've just checked the source of sys/dev/usb/uplcom.c for 4.10 and 5.3
> and I think the patch should apply to both. Let me know if it works for
> you.

Thanks, the patch does apply properly but it doesn't seem to help the
problem.  I can still send data but not receive.  Am Installing the
patched drivers properly?  I did a cvsup, deleted all of /usr/obj/,
applied the patch, then followed the buildworld canonical instructions
from the handbook.  Is there a way to only build and install the
uplcom drivers?