bktr now broken for me

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sun Jan 2 13:56:46 PST 2005

On Sunday, 2. January 2005 22:44, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > On Sunday, 2. January 2005 12:18, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> >>The most recent commit to bktr completely breaks the driver for me.
> >>
> >>When starting a tv application, I get
> >>
> >>bktr0: tuner @ 0xc2
> >>bktr0: MT2032 write failed (i2c addr 0xc0)
> >
> > Looking at the changes, it seems that my card is misidentified as a PCTV
> > Rave with an MT2032 tuner now. I can override the tuner type when I
> > compile the driver into the kernel and set options BKTR_OVERRIDE_TUNER=10
> > and get TV again - that's fine for me, but I find it a bit wonky that the
> > sysctl only works if the driver does not detect any tuners in the first
> > place.
>
> firstly, which version of FreeBSD are you running?

4.11-STABLE, but I have no doubts the same same thing will happen with
RELENG_5, I just haven't updated that in a while.

> and could you see if there is some patch you can add that will identify
> your device correctly?

Not to my knowledge. You saw the pciconf output of my previous mail -
obviously the range of cards that now currently recognised as PCTV RAVE is
too broad (IIRC all cards with Pinnacles newer manufacturer id are handed off
to the MT2032 tuner routine now).

> How was it identified before?

It was identified as generic brooktree, I always had to set at least the tuner
type manually.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org