bktr now broken for me

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sun Jan 2 04:07:57 PST 2005

On Sunday, 2. January 2005 12:18, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> The most recent commit to bktr completely breaks the driver for me.
>
> When starting a tv application, I get
>
> bktr0: tuner @ 0xc2
> bktr0: MT2032 write failed (i2c addr 0xc0)

Looking at the changes, it seems that my card is misidentified as a PCTV Rave
with an MT2032 tuner now. I can override the tuner type when I compile the
driver into the kernel and set options BKTR_OVERRIDE_TUNER=10 and get TV
again - that's fine for me, but I find it a bit wonky that the sysctl only
works if the driver does not detect any tuners in the first place.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org