Dell Latitude D510

Brian Doherty brian at icecomms.ie
Fri Aug 26 17:23:21 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I'm a bit of a newbie, with 5.x and hope someone can help me.

I have a dell Latitude D510 with the mist recent BIOS installed.
I have win XP factory installed, boots fine.
I have tried installing the following on a partition:

5.4 FreeBSD
	BTX Halted and goes no further straight after the install option screen, ie
1 - FreeBSD, 2 - FreeBSD without ACPI

5.3 FreeBSD
	Gets a little further, but drops out on a panic, while trying to load the
usb devices, I think

4.11 FreeBSD
	Same as 5.3
4.10 FreeBSD
	Same as 4.10

I did a google, looked in the handbook, but couldn't find anything that it
might be.

Regards,

Brian