/dev/midi and /dev/sequencer

Robert Backhaus robbak at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 03:27:57 GMT 2005

On 8/24/05, Ben Paley <ben at spooty.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running 5.4-STABLE, cvsupped and everything rebuilt Mon Aug 22.
>
> Does anyone know what's happening with MIDI? I've got no /dev/midi
> or /dev/sequencer and don't know if it's even possible to turn them on in the
> kernel at the moment.
>
> I've also managed to compile and run Rosegarden-4 - it claims to work with
> arts instead of ALSA but I'm not having any luck starting it with sequencer
> or midi... any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

There is slow work being done by one developer to reestablish midi. A
set of patches was posted here for 5.4, and they aparently worked. I
couldn't get them to compile on CURRENT, though. I was not able to
locate a site on it, and the patch was posted to this list on Apr 26
by conrads(a)cox.net . He may be able to find you a later patch set
from "Mat".