ata breakage from RELENG_5 to RELENG_6 (nope, just a bit of pilot error)

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Mon Aug 22 20:59:18 GMT 2005

At 04:45 PM 22/08/2005, Kevin Oberman wrote:

>The arguments for atacontrol have changed. The update to the man pages
>was committed to current in the past day or two. I'm not sure it it has
>made it to RELENG_6.
>
>You can't just specify the channel number any more. The channel is now
>the device name, e.g. "ata0".

Ahh, ok. That fixes it for the info command.  I cant seem to get the
cap "magic incantation" however.

[verify1] /usr/src/sbin/atacontrol# atacontrol info ata0
Master:  ad0 <ST3120026AS/3.18> Serial ATA v1.0
Slave:       no device present
[verify1] /usr/src/sbin/atacontrol#

Ahh, here it is :)

[verify1] /usr/src/sbin/atacontrol# atacontrol cap ad0

Protocol              Serial ATA v1.0
device model          ST3120026AS
serial number         3JT1BSB2
firmware revision     3.18
cylinders             16383
heads                 16
sectors/track         63
lba supported         234441648 sectors
lba48 supported       234441648 sectors
dma supported
overlap not supported

Feature                      Support  Enable    Value           Vendor
write cache                    yes      yes
read ahead                     yes      yes
Native Command Queuing (NCQ)   no        -      0/0x00
Tagged Command Queuing (TCQ)   no       no      0/0x00
SMART                          yes      yes
microcode download             yes      yes
security                       yes      no
power management               yes      yes
advanced power management      no       no      65278/0xFEFE
automatic acoustic management  no       no      0/0x00  254/0xFE
[verify1] /usr/src/sbin/atacontrol#

However, I cant seem to get the smartmontools working ?  Anyone using those ?

         ---Mike