6.0 BETA1 hangs at boot (ahd(4) broken ??)

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 16:26:50 GMT 2005

On 8/15/05, Marian Hettwer <MH at kernel32.de> wrote:
> Scot Hetzel wrote:
> > Try 6.0 BETA2 and see if you have similar problems.
> >
> exactly the same problems and the same hard-hang.
> Unluckily, the bootonly.iso doesn't seem to support a serial console...
> or does it ?!
> I do have a serial nullmodem cable now...
>
> hm... damn hard hang. And I have no clue why. It worked back in 5.4

The only thing I can think of right now is for you to do a binary
search of the sources between your Jun 7th 6-CURRENT and 6-BETA1 to
find out when this broke the kernel for you.  Make sure to backup the
working kernel, just incase a kernel fails to boot.

NOTE: 6-CURRENT became RELENG_6 on Thu Jun 16 18:16:12 2005 UTC. So
you will need to change the CVS tag to RELENG_6 after this date/time.

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.