Create 2.5TB file system on 5.4S?

Brandon Fosdick bfoz at bfoz.net
Mon Aug 15 01:13:23 GMT 2005

Jon Dama wrote:
> Where exactly did you run into trouble?
>
> I'm guessing you made the array, you have a device for it in /dev but
> ran into problems (expected) using fdisk or bsdlabel.

Yup, that's exactly what happened. I ended up with a 0.5TB partition. At least, thats what df said.

A few minutes ago I tried using gpt(8) to create a partition and then I newfs'd the whole thing using the defaults. It appears to have worked, but I have no idea if I did it right or if there's a better way.