ad10: WARNING - READ_DMA UDMA ICRC error (retrying request) LBA=11441599

Søren Schmidt sos at FreeBSD.ORG
Wed Aug 10 17:24:07 GMT 2005

On 10/08/2005, at 17:44, Scot Hetzel wrote:

> On 8/10/05, Karl Denninger <karl at denninger.net> wrote:

>>> You demand to see support for this chipset fixed, yet, you cant
>>> pony up a
>>> measly hundred bucks to donate the card to the developer who is
>>> not being
>>> paid to develop anything.
>>>
>>>         ---Mike
>>>

>> I have "demanded" nothing Mike.
>>

> I agree Mike's wording was a little strong, but we have seen you
> request strongly that some one fix this problem.
>
> Have you contacted Søren, to see if he has the troublesome hardware?
>
> Also contact Søren directly with your offer to supply a troublesome
> board, and/or access to a system that displays the problem.  More than
> likely he would agree to return the board once he has a proper fix for
> the problem.

Since I came in late in this, I need to know what kind of controller
we are talking about, and if the problem is still present in 6.0.
I plan to backport ATA from 6.0 to 5-stable when it has settled, so
6.0 is the one and only (pre)release to test with and get back to me
with the result.

- Søren